Are you stressed with DCRA stop work order! Long Delay in Construction Process!
Don’t be stressed. A perfect solution to permit expediting queries is online building permitting process.
HOW TO GET AN ONLINE BUILDING CONSTRUCTION PERMIT IN DC?
Are you stressed with the DCRA stop work order! Long delay in the construction process!
Don’t be stressed. We have the perfect solution for our clients to obtain the permit for buildings with our professional building permit expeditors.
What is DCRA?
Table of Contents [TOC]
DCRA stands for The Department of Consumer and Regulatory affairs. It is a building zoning law board keeping a check on residential, commercial construction process. Permit expediter in Washington DC needs to take approvals for permits from DCRA . It ensures health and safety construction conditions are followed along with compliance of building codes .
What is Building Permit?
A building permit is an official authorization issued by a local jurisdiction that allows you to start your new construction or renovation and remodeling projects. A building permit is issued if your building plans and other submittals comply with the land use, zoning, and structural standards, which intend to ensure the safety of the occupants.
What is Stop Work Order?
Any construction, excavation, remodeling, renovation, and real estate work that is not followed as per the permit conditions are given orders to be stopped. These orders are issued from DCRA, and DDOT Jurisdictions. DCRA stop work order could be issued if the director finds the construction process undertaken is not under safe conditions. As per DDOT specifications if excavation or occupation does not adhere to the zoning code they issue stop work order.
If it is a small construction project previously reviewed with the paper plan, you can execute the digital application for the building permit. With the help of a building permit digital walkthrough, all building permit drawings, as well as supportive submittals, can be accepted through an electronic review system for a complete review including DCRA reviews. Simultaneously, you can undertake digital routing for choosing sister agencies such as Historic Preservation, District Department of Energy & the Environment, and District Department of Transportation. This automatically helps to save the time taken for visiting the office of a permitting agency. Some of the DCRA Plan Reviewing encompasses Zoning, Fire, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, &Plumbing (MEP) and Green & Energy disciplines.
🏛️ Building Permit Application Requirements
Application for building permit requires submission of application form along with building permit drawing requirements. The building permit application requirements include:
- Completed application form
- Site plan for building permit
- Architectural floor plans and building evaluations
- Supporting documents (structural, soil analysis, energy analysis)
🏛️ When is Building Permit Needed?
A building permit is needed for the following constructions:
- New construction
- Renovation and remodeling
- Construction of retaining walls, decks, fences, sheds, garages, and vaults
- Construction of signs, awnings, and canopies
- Construction of swimming pools
🏛️ How To Get Building Permit Online?
To get away from the DCRA stop work order and get your DCRA permit you can outsource the permit process to our experienced DC permit expeditor or follow the steps for online permit approval.
- Create a DCRA Account: To remove DCRA stop work order and to get a DCRA permit, create an online DCRA account. During the creation of an account for building permit approval, you should pay online. In case you are submitting an application for a property owner, you should register as a ‘Filing Representative’.
- Email Notification: You will get an email notification within a day from an electronic review system for uploading building permit drawings and supporting building permit documents. Application and associated plans get reviewed for pre-screening ensuring they fulfill the DCRA building and zoning law codes.
- Tracking Review through Permit Tracker: Once the pre-screen review is approved, the construction project can be routed to all essential DCRA divisions and agencies for plan review. All divisions, comments & status of the review can be tracked online through the permit tracker.
- Notification for Paying the Remaining Permit Fees: After the completion of the reviewal process, you will get a notification for paying the remaining permit fees. For the remaining payment, log into your DCRA account and make the balance payment with a credit card. Remember that if you don’t mention your contractor’s information like the DC license number and the mailing address, you will be notified that the information is required to proceed with issuance. Always check your licensing verification system for confirming the license status of the contractors. Homeowners can also be listed as a contractor if they complete the work themselves.
- Permit Approval in Email: The final step is receiving the permit approval in an email. Once, all the fees are paid and the contractor’s information is entered, your building permit will be issued through an email with the permit approval attached. You have to download your approved plans and all supporting documents for availing of onsite inspections.
Do You Need to Hire a Professional for Building Permits?
Due to the following benefits of building permit expediting services, it is highly recommended that you hire a professional permitting expeditor.
- Familiar with local laws
- Preparation and submission of required documents
- Monitor changes and reviews
- Shorter waiting period
- Saves your time
- Faster process and approval
Are you stuck with your Stop Work Order & looking for DCRA Permit Expedition Services? You may call Tejjy Inc. at 202 465 4830 or send an email to email@example.com for managing your building permit process from the initial stage and making your DCRA Walk through accepted.