How Structural Engineers Resolve Construction Challenges with Revit BIM?
Building Information Modeling technology is transforming the way of structural engineering firms throughout the world. Proficient structural engineers implement BIM for estimating sea levels, improving disaster management through infrastructure resilience, decreasing soil erosion, and enhancing the energy efficiency of buildings. Further, many of the BIM modeling service providers in USA are managing groundwater, reducing traffic congestion on construction sites, and augmenting construction productivity through Revit models.
Here’s an account of how the structural engineers of design-build firms work with Revit BIM Services, resolving construction project challenges.
- Collaboration Challenge – Top structural engineering firms often face the challenge of collaborating amongst various project stakeholders.
Solution through Revit Model – Autodesk Revit BIM Model facilitates structural engineers to efficiently collaborate with other project stakeholders, including architects, contractors, design-build firms, home builders, etc. Using BIM modeling services, they could progress through every phase of the construction process, starting from the day of floor setup to structural and MEP clash detection. Structural BIM consultants review critical building areas in 3D and assess space constraints in a competent manner. Building Information Modeling facilitates numerous design disciplines to collaborate in a flawless way, as a single information platform. The technique improves work efficacy, minimizes errors, verifies building aesthetics, and augments building performance.
2. Difficulty in Project Visualization – Structural modelers also face difficulty in effectively visualizing a construction project in terms of working of various services including architecture, structure, and MEPFP trades.
Solution through BIM Modeling Services – Using Revit Building Information Modeling software platform for 3D modelings, design-build firms could easily produce construction drawings with elevations and sections through 3D animations, bringing the project to life. BIM service providers in USA are blending Revit design and fabrication models in the Navisworks software platform for project coordination, thus avoiding the cost of rework from the clashes. A virtual tour of the building (360 degree view) produced, through comprehensive 3D renderings and walk-throughs on the fly, support project visualization before construction.
3. Inaccurate Structural Analysis – Structural engineering firms in USA often require technical support for design optimization, coordination and construction management.
Solution through Building Information Modeling – Taking the help of Building Information Model, structural engineering firms undertake various structural analysis in a detailed manner, accomplishing the project on time. Some of the structural building analysis includes structural load calculation, design validation, quantity takeoff, energy analysis and planning facility operations.
Detailed Structural Analysis with Revit BIM Modeling Services
- Load Calculation – BIM Revit Model facilitates in making comprehensive structural analysis of structural load, wind load simulation, and live load calculation, verifying building code acquiescence with BIM. Structural engineers undertake a comprehensive analysis of structural elements for beams, columns and floors for risk-free delivery with Building Information Modeling.
- Structural Design Validation – Structural engineering firms make accurate design validation through Revit Model for constructability review, building performance and maintenance of steel, wood and concrete structures like structural openings, beam depths and clashes. BIM services facilitate structural design support from inception to the stage of construction detailing & prefabrication. The technique helps to calculate accurate Bill of Materials and Quantity Takeoff for enhanced productivity.
- Energy Analysis – Benchmarking energy usage across the residential and commercial buildings with Revit Building Information Modeling for energy efficiency, aids cost saving & enhanced building performance. Performing thermal analysis with Revit model enables the building to obtain LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certifications in the category of gold, silver and platinum. Equipment capacity of HVAC systems, airflows, etc. could be efficiently modeled inconsistent way with relevant plans. Hence, an accurate energy consumption simulation could be conducted, reducing the electrical expenditure of the building in the long run.
It is evident that Revit BIM modeling plays a significant role in construction planning, construction schedule update and building management. To enhance facility design, construction management and life-cycle performance of buildings, BIM modeling service is a must for the project stakeholders, who derive the benefits through document management, cost control, project management, energy analysis, budget assessment & risk mitigation. Consult with one of the top structural BIM modeling companies in USA – Tejjy Inc. at 202-465-4830 or firstname.lastname@example.org and remove all complexities involved in your construction project. Obtain fast project execution at the lowest operational cost and accomplish your project on time in a coordinated manner.