Difference between Architecture Firm and Interior Design
Interior designs of an architect firm mainly focus on the functionality of a space. This form of an architecture engineering is often confused with interior design, emphasizing on building aesthetics. Before delving into the difference between architecture firms and interior design, let’s check out the details of interior architecture.
Residential architecture firm emphasizes on the interior and functionality for human occupancy. Commercial architecture firm combines the art and science for creating and restoring the interior designs of buildings, like offices, shopping malls, etc. This kind of architecture encompasses conversion of one space into another, just like turning an indoor office space into livable housing.
Work of an Interior Architect
Interior architects are involved in the building or rebuilding of interior environments, changing the actual structure of the dwelling. They take into consideration the building structure along with the building codes for creating a safe and comfortable home remodeling solution. Top restaurant design firms weigh up the plumbing and electrical system setup and include architectural design analysis into their projects. Restaurant interior designs also include sustainable designs into their creations, like “green” development emphasizing alternate heating & lighting systems.
Tips for Becoming an Interior Design Architect
Attending a school of architecture often leads to a range of career opportunities in real estate development, landscape architecture, urban planning and industrial designing. To become a licensed interior architect of an architect firm, here are a few tips
- Identifying local architecture board requirement: The first step to start a career as an interior design architect of commercial architecture firm is to detect and accomplish the specifications set by the local architectural board.
- Obtaining a degree: Most architecture boards in USA need potential architects for accomplishing an undergraduate program. One should have Bachelor of Fine Arts in interior architecture (or an equivalent degree by the National Architectural Accrediting Board). It’s often critical to choose a school approved by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA). The accreditation ensures that the education you receive in interior architecture should meet industry-recognized standards of top residential architecture firms.
- Securing a license – In order to become a practicing architect of an architectural engineering firm, you have to pass the Architect Registration Examination, developed by National Council of Architectural Registration Boards.
Difference Between Architecture Firms and Interior Design
While there are similarities between architecture firms and interior designs, some differences are also present between the two professions:
- Architecture firms manage structural renovations – Architectural firms often have to deal with the design of the entire building structure of an interior and have a technical knowledge in the design process of bathroom remodeling, kitchen renovation or home remodeling. They collaborate with the building owners, contractors, and technicians for the renovation of an existing structure. However, the interior designers are only accountable for interior designs and not the complete building renovation.
- License is a must for architect firm – Another difference between interior design and architecture firm is that all architects should have licenses for practicing architecture. Nevertheless, an interior designer doesn’t need a license compulsorily for performing building interior designs.
- Aesthetics rules interior design – Interior designers emphasize on architecture and space planning, creating unified and aesthetically pleasing designs for home interiors, restaurant interior design and businesses within a built environment or existing structures. Interior design professionals have developed throughout the years, with more designers taking on the technical aspects, addressing buildings with structural designs.
- Difference in qualifications: In order to be an official interior designer, many states need licenses or Council for Interior Design Accreditation certification. National Council for Interior Design Qualification constitutes to be a three-part exam, providing highest level certification for interior designers, enhancing chances of having successful interior design practices.
Are you seeking an accurate architecture engineering solution in USA? Choose BIM architect firm – Tejjy Inc. and build your interior design for any space. Tejjy Inc. provides 3D floor plans in Revit BIM with design & plumbing layout, structural grids, exterior elevations, finishes and other details. The BIM engineers of this design-build firm support restaurant design firms, bathroom remodeling, kitchen renovation and complete home remodeling.
Throughout the stages of design development, Tejjy Inc. BIM consultants work out all architectural design decisions in greater details, corresponding to various levels of LOD from 100 to 400. Various building elements are included in LOD Revit model, that are accurate in terms of shape, orientation, size, location with assembly, fabrication & other details. Constructability reviews and shop drawings are prepared by the architectural BIM engineers for accurate energy analysis, clash detection & cost analysis. Design development enables pre-purchase assessment for the construction project at the pre-construction stage. To place order for your architectural services or discuss your architectural interior design projects, call the architectural BIM service provider at 202-465-4830 or send mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.