Top Benefits of BIM Execution Plan
It’s significant to create a BIM Execution Plan (BEP) before the onset of a construction project. This helps to analyze the different phases of the building project lifecycle. As a comprehensive documentation, BEP facilitates project team members to execute the role played by BIM (Building Information Modeling) in construction management. It if often found during a construction project that BIM plan execution gets buried in mundane aspects, making it hard to identify significant data to move forward the projects, producing timely deliverables. An accurate BEP facilitates in keeping track of the project teams, emphasizing on the significant aspects, saving time and money.
What is BEP in Revit?
BIM consultants are developing BEP in Revit to facilitate information management in construction
projects. An effective BIM execution plan helps to streamline the process of Information Modeling and
BIM resource planning. Competent BEP in Revit leads to accurate BIM-based design collaboration
through preliminary design model (BIM LOD 100), detailed design model (LOD 200), construction design
model (BIM LOD 300), and prefabrication model (LOD 400). Here is the technique of BIM implementation
plan for architectural, engineering, and MEP services.
1. Technology Selection
- Identifying Software & Data Exchange Protocol
- Choosing a Network Environment
2.Establishing Project Scope
- Identifying Stakeholders, BIM Staffing & Training Capability & Target Model Users
- Setting Up BIM Collaboration Goal
- Initiating BIM Projects
3.Setting Up Modeling Standards
- Establishing Modeling Standards
- Resolving Intellectual Property Issues
- Initiating BIM team Communication Protocol
Benefits of BIM execution plan in a construction project:
- Clear Communication – A proper BEP supports communication amongst project stakeholders from the onset of the construction project. This facilitates project team members to manage responsibilities and ensure clear communications about the project.
- Improved Collaboration – Each project is different from the other and has diverse requirements, regulations as well as the internal standards. Since, a BIM execution plan is considered to be a breathing document, the project team members collaborate in real time on different project phases, preventing silos among project tasks and allowing proper attention to the significant tasks.
- Saving Construction Time – An obstacle that often arrives in a construction project is a compressed schedule. A well structured BEP emphasizes on the benefits of the project. None is bogged down with the provisions that may cause delay to the project deliverables. As an alternative, the vital aspects are executed, maintaining deliverable schedule throughout the project.
- Fast Data Sharing – Transparency is a great advantage of the BIM execution plan, as it is instantly available to all the project stakeholders from the very beginning of the construction project. As a result of which, contractors, owners and others get the direct access to BIM data like file formats, dimensions and other details in a way that could be easily shared and updated.
- Robust Project Execution – An effective BIM Execution Plan focuses on the project rather than every standard. Construction team members are able to communicate and collaborate better from the initial stage, ensuring a robust project execution, facilitating all the project owners and shareholders. Accomplishing this plan helps to keep the building items accountable, ensuring completion on time and as per budget.
Tejjy Inc. – one of the Top BIM service providers in USA, delivers the right guide to BIM execution plan for residential, commercial, infrastructural, educational and mixed use projects. Leveraging a BIM execution plan, AEC team members could start any major construction project, ensuring proper communication among stakeholders and fast data sharing. So, if you want stronger project execution, improved timelines and happy project owners, contact Tejjy Inc. BIM consultants at 202-465-4830 or email@example.com. Along with the BIM execution plan, Tejjy Inc. BIM engineers are competent in delivering other BIM consulting services like BIM strategy preparation, BIM deployment and resource sharing, logistics planning and BIM infrastructure planning. Appoint the BIM outsourcing company in USA and execute your BIM project in an effective way, saving time and money for your construction.