How 5G in IoT Can Facilitate Construction Management?
5G is the fifth-generation wireless network technology. It is significant to the Internet of Things due to the requirement of an improved network with greater capacity of serving connectivity needs. The 5G spectrum augments the frequencies on which digital technologies transfer data. Through high data speed, low latency, added flexibility, and reduced energy consumption to endure a greater number of devices, the 5G is perfect for the Internet of Things. It is projected that the use of Benefits of the Internet of Things (IOT) in Construction will enhance considerably with the adoption of 5G technology.
What are the Benefits of the Internet of Things (IoT) in Construction?
• Creating New Models & Sources of Revenue – With lots of devices available around, every creative mind can benefit from this.
• Achieving Operational Efficiency – Automated business and manufacturing process helps to save significant energy and resources with enhanced efficiency and reduced waste.
• Providing Customer – Centric Services – Quality of the construction can be enhanced to a great extent. If the data and pattern are according to customer product usage, the products get designed, as per individual requirement, leading to higher customer satisfaction.
• Improving Work Safety – The construction sector could utilize IoT for preventing equipment failure and improving worker safety, among others. IoT can be used for avoiding accidents on the construction site.
Why Combine 5G & Internet of Things (IoT)?
5G technology has the potential to affect the Internet of Things (IoT). Most of the IoT applications like asset tracking & remote monitoring data in the construction sector do not need lightning-fast, ten gigabit-per-second download speeds. As per the market research, 2/3rd of the enterprises have the plan of deploying 5G by 2020, which implies that 5G could be a pivotal support in bringing the industry shift.
How 5G Construction will become the Catalyst for Next-Generation IoT?
• Advanced Modulation Schemes for Wireless Access
• Network Slicing Competences
• Automated Network Application Lifecycle Management
• Software Defined Networking & Virtualization of Network Function
• Cloud – Optimized Distributed Network Application Support
What is the Potential Usage of 5G in IoT for Construction Management?
- Construction Planning & Control
- Progress Monitoring
- Cost Monitoring
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Construction Quality Management
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Non Conformity Tracking
- Contractor Performance Evaluation
- Construction Safety Management
- Hazard Recognition
- Safety Equipment Checking
- Worker Monitoring
- Emergency Identification & Response
- Working Condition Monitoring
- Construction Equipment Management
- Equipment Tracking
- Autonomous Machinery
- Equipment Health Monitoring
- Construction Procurement Management
- Inventory Tracking
- Order Tracking
- Contingency Detection & Ordering
- Construction Execution
- Productivity Monitoring
- Resource Allocation
- Rework & Waste Monitoring
5G will continue to play a crucial role in supporting next-generation IoT services across various industry verticals.Even if there are some potential 5G challenges like functioning across manifold bands, slow up-grade from 4G to 5G, data interoperability, and establishing 5G business models, 5G opportunities can make a great impact on the construction industry.To implement 5G in IoT for construction project management, call the construction management experts of Tejjy Inc.– a BIM, Engineering, Architectural, Permit Expedition & Construction Management Service Provider in the USA at 202-465-4830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.