Today, it’s difficult to envisage the world without digital technology. Nevertheless, the physical world is getting designed & constructed using conventional 2D blueprints, which is yet to be seized in a digital setup. This creates a challenge for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering & Construction) professionals to integrate the as-built designs into renovation projects.
Conventional Imaging Technique – Photogrammetry: Conventional imaging techniques like Photogrammetry facilitated this process by letting engineers reconstruct photographs of as-built situations and weave in GPS (Global Positioning System) coordinates for creating collaborative 3D models. BIM Laser Scanning Vs Photogrammetry indeed allows you to encompass a considerable amount of ground, but it does with low accuracy.
3D Laser Scanning for Building Renovation & Retrofitting: 3D laser scanning consists of a smaller footprint of data, collected to a higher level of accuracy. Laser scanners collect surface data through a laser beam pointed at the surface. The technology often uses drones or UAVs (eradicating expensive LiDAR assembly methods) and transforms that data into a point cloud. Then the point cloud data gets imported into tools like Autodesk ReCap, transforming it into a 3D model or 2D drawing equipped for additional design in just a matter of minutes. Besides laser scanning, Autodesk Recap converts aerial as well as to object photographs of 3D models.
Why should you consider 3D Laser Scanning to BIM Technology?
Check out the deliverables and benefits of laser scan point cloud to BIM:
Deliverables from Point Cloud to BIM include:
- 3D BIM Model Creation for Renovation & Extension – 3D Model gets created using BIM (Building Information Modeling), according to point cloud scan to BIM for enhancing transparency & streamlining communication. BIM technology also facilitates quick decision making during the As-Built Phase.
- As-Built BIM Drawing Preparation – As-Built drawings can be created for Plan, Elevation & Section Sheet. As-Built also provides a comprehensive tool for the planning of future projects, like extension &renovation from laser scan point cloud.
- 4D BIM Construction Scheduling – 4D BIM is used for construction scheduling of renovation. Point Cloud or 3D laser scanning to BIM Modeling facilitates the revamp of old buildings for creating interest among architects.
- BIM Facility Management –BIM engineers enable project team members to combine submittals from point cloud scan during project renovation through facility management. Our experts accomplish complete contact records of the project in the required fields.
Benefits of using LaerSCAN to BIM services:
- Create as-built 3D BIM models for existing buildings & renovation.
- 3D models are updated as per the contractors, facility managers, or architect’s prerequisites in a simulated environment.
- Modeling using point cloud to BIM Services data helps the architecture to make decisions about wanted or unwanted components and structures of the building.
- Laser Scanning to BIM technology creates a clash simulation analysis for Architectural & MEP services at an initial phase of feasibility review while adding new services.
Nowadays people look for more accuracy and in this regard, 3D BIM Laser Scanning matches the perfect requirement of the construction domain compared to conventional imaging technique BIM Laser Scanning Vs Photogrammetry . For more information, contact Tejjy Inc. BIM Service Provider at 202-465-4830 or email at email@example.com to discuss your construction project idea. Read more about Scan to BIM technology.