Structural Engineering Firms
Structural Engineering Services in Washington DC, Maryland
Tejjy Inc. one of the top structural engineering firms in Washington DC , Maryland , USA facilitates coordinated drawings for optimized residential and commercial engineering projects. Integrating BIM services, Tejjy structural engineering consultants make informed design decisions, automating construction documentation and producing constructible designs. Structural BIM modeling services facilitate Structural Engineers in Maryland to deliver BIM design, analysis, evaluation, phasing, and detailing for commercial as well as residential structural engineering
Competent residential structural engineers in Maryland and commercial structural engineering firms use Revit steel detailing for performing the detailing of steel and wood connections. Structural engineering consultants provide various steel detailing services for stairs, girt, toe plates, treads, cages, etc. to enable easy collaboration of structures within the buildings.
Design Development Support by Tejjy Inc. Structural Engineers
- Schematic Design Development – Tejjy Inc. structural BIM modelers provide schematic design support to the AEC professionals, defining the general scope of work, encompassing the relation amongst different building systems. During this stage, the models provide an overall idea of height, area, location, volume, and orientation to execute work on construction project phasing and cost estimation.
- Detailed Design Development – During this stage, Tejjy Inc. Structural engineers Washington DC work out the design decisions in greater detail, which get reflected in the Revit model. Drafted to scale drawings are provided to clients, illustrating the project look. Shop drawings are produced from the BIM model for the analysis of the clash and cost during the detailed design stage.
- Construction Documentation – Construction documentation constitutes to be the final stage of the design development. At this phase, structural engineers companies coordinate the models of diverse building systems are coordinated on a common data set up. The phase acts as a bridge between building designs and physical building forms. The Revit model at this phase encompasses elements that are proper in size, shape, quantity, location, and orientation with comprehensive fabrication, assembly, and information.
Top structural engineering firms use conceptual designing in Revit steel detailing, Rhino, Dynamo, etc. for modifying geometric shapes in the BIM model. Rhino Architecture constitutes to be a free parametric modeling tool, supporting interoperability with the structural model in IFC format. Automatic calculation of the movement of earth or automatic quantification of the earthworks is an added BIM usage to top structural engineering firms. Starting from the topographic to the shape of the diverse levels, structural design engineers are able to automatically determine the movement of the earth. At this juncture, structural engineering consultants and BIM modelers import process from CAD to automated BIM. The technique of CAD-BIM import works only if the topographic points in CAD have a 3D representation of the ground. Structural BIM modeling facilitates automated calculation between existing ground and adapted ground.
Another significant BIM structural engineering service is the structural analysis. The BIM objects of the physical model and analytical model relate parametrically, associating all information in the template. The analytical model provide by structural engineering firms in DC engrosses information to be conveyed to software structural calculation. The BIM bi-directional link between a platform and a structural analysis tool enables structural design engineers to test several structural solutions in the primary phases of the project in an automated way. A physical model usually represents the geometry of a structure, whereas the analytical model contains strains, deflections, reactions and displacements. During Revit BIM analysis, top structural engineering firms send parts of the structural model for structural analysis. The flexibility of BIM structural engineering services helps structural engineers in Maryland to work with the structure in separate models, kept for analysis. Structural engineering consultants split the calculations amongst gravity loads (including permanent loads, temperature) and lateral loads (encompassing seismic loads and wind loads).
Structural engineering consultants Washington DC evaluate vertical and horizontal system loads, metallic systems and reinforced concrete for specific structural elements. Automatic structural drawing creation and 3D modeling facilitate automatic extraction of structural quantities within budget. The 5D cost estimates or 5d quantity takeoffs are significant structural engineering services during the early phases of the construction. Accurate measurement of building materials through Building Information Modeling allows measuring more in less time with strict adherence to project deadline.
Top structural engineering firms in DC sometimes require phasing as a part of the analytical process in infrastructural projects like the bridges. Here, every phase of construction needs to be calculated and understood by the structural design engineers for getting the right stress and the deflection. 4D construction phasing, scheduling or simulation, related to the project management is another practical BIM application in a construction project. Multidisciplinary coordination through 3D BIM modeling and clash detection, matches the compatibility of the structures. BIM structural engineering services provided by structural engineers in Maryland verify the compatibility amongst products and facilitate automatic clash detection and resolution of conflicts at the pre-construction stage.
Residential and commercial structural engineering firms use Revit steel detailing for performing the detailing of steel and wood connections. Structural engineering consultants provide various steel detailing services for stairs, girt, toe plates, treads, cages, etc. for easy collaboration of structures within the buildings.
Our Expertise In
Why choose Tejjy Inc. for structural engineering services?
- BIM integrated process for virtual construction with automatic update of views & details
- Revision of structural designs, eliminating possible errors & clashes amongst building elements
- Accurate 3d modeling of concrete, wood, steel, pre-stressed and post-tensioned structures
- Structural drawing creation for rebar, reinforcement, concrete structure, wood, steel & schedule, etc.
- Bill of material/Quantity takeoff calculating material quantities for construction & pre-construction planning