Reverse Engineering ServicesDue to their deterioration, buildings constructed decades ago require life extension, ongoing management, and protection for improvement. Converting to a BIM-based file enables the planning of repair and renovation, as well as safety diagnosis. Reverse engineering is an intricate process, involving hours of detailed measurements, which can enable you to help in the renovation and safety diagnosis of the old buildings. This technique measures a building or a part of the building using 3D laser scanning technology and reconstructs it as a 3D model for improving building design. In this method, the architectural structures are deconstructed for extracting comprehensive design data, by disassembling the building into different components.
How does the Reverse Engineering process work?
✔️ Scan to BIM
We do the Scan to BIM process for the development of BIM models for existing buildings based on the data which is collected through the laser scanning process.
✔️ BIM Modeling
We produce digital 3D models which effectively exhibit as-built building design in terms of all the physical and functional attributes of the building including architectural, structural, and MEPF components.
Engineers utilize BIM-based technology to create a model, validate the items that will be used in the design of building safety or renovation, and determine how they should be employed to achieve the desired results.
All the way through the project’s life cycle, we have a database that can be used and updated. Having the BIM model and diagnosis report in hand, we can begin the renovation. We can use the BIM model to verify the effects of renovation design choices and discover system incompatibilities.
Process of Scanning an Object for 3D Printing with Reverse Engineering
- Prepare an object for scanning – Spray coat with a temporary matte powder for improving the accuracy of the scan
- Use an accurate laser scanner – Make use of a highly accurate laser scanner for capturing important sections of the part
- Refine scanned mesh – Repair small gaps and simplify the scan, without destroying vital parts
- Import mesh to software – Import mesh to software equipped with the reverse engineering tool
- Extract significant surface – Choose semi-automatic surfacing to detect regions of scans and re-create curved shapes
- Compare automatic vs. semi-automatic – Compare automatic vs. semiautomatic, especially around sharp edges
- Integrate new objects – Subtract scan from another solid for creating a jig to hold the original part, after converting scan to a solid
- Print the new design – Printing jig on a 3D printer provides a high degree of accuracy, strength and precision
Construction differs from manufacturing in that manufacturing typically involves mass production of similar items without a purchaser.
Benefits of Reverse Engineering in the AEC Industry
- Building safety diagnosis
- Reduces the construction cost
- Faster decision making
- More reliability & quality assurance
- Reduce manual labor
Interested in renovating or performing a safety diagnosis of your building? Tejjy Inc. is a prominent design-build firm and a reverse engineering provider in Maryland, USA. We have more than 16 years of experience providing our clients with very accurate BIM models. Our company has completed several design-build projects effectively as a reverse engineering service provider. As a BIM automation company, and a reverse engineering service provider, we have worked with a wide range of AEC firms, including those in the residential, commercial, industrial, and educational sectors.
Why choose Tejjy Inc. Reverse Engineering?
- Fast and detailed specifications by seizing the blueprint of an item for making a quick reproduction.
- Analyzing items with a 3D laser scanner.
- Reducing time for Industrial Research & Development by accelerating reverse engineering process, data input, reconstruction & product creation.
Reverse Engineering Software Tools:
- Disassemblers: Convert binary code into assembly code and modify machine language to user-friendly format.
- Debuggers: Examine and identify errors in programs.
- Hex Editors: Manipulate binary data.
- Portable Executable &Resource Viewer: Enable browsing of the portable executable files.