Design build firms provide manifold advantages compared to other construction methodologies. The key benefits of BIM enabled design build services include fast project delivery, smooth construction workflow, improved construction solutions & effective engineering workflow. BIM services enhance communication amongst team members. BIM consulting companies interact with MEP engineering firms and structural engineers for understanding their detailed design intent to deliver value-added support at each stage. Starting from schematic to final construction stage BIM benefits never fail.
Key Benefits of BIM Enabled Design Build Services
BIM enabled design build firms provide fast project delivery as design & construction occur concurrently and there’s just one phase instead of two. All project stakeholders collaborate in a coordinated Revit BIM model to get the right balance between practicality and functionality of building design for architects, mep consultants and structural engineers.
- Clash Coordination Drawings: Collaboration and coordination are firm roots of BIM services. This is held strongly by the 3D BIM Model. Clash coordinated drawings produced from the 3d bim model help to reduce conflicts in the building systems. Accurate mep drawings facilitate the contractors, architects, MEP design firms and the Structural engineers to have accurate design detailing and improved construction. Owners get all information about the project life cycle through the BIM model and thus can pave the way for a smooth construction workflow with comprehensive mechanical drawing services.
- Improved Construction Services & Value Engineering: In a design build project, as ideas come to the table, the project team works in collaboration for analyzing projects and ensures that the owners receive the best materials, design and planned project schedule. This revolutionary technique makes it feasible for the structural engineers, architects, mep engineering firms and construction project owners to perceive more opportunities and make value-added decisions. Improved mechanical drawing services add value to the engineering design plan, enabling the facility to operate efficiently, evaluating project pros and cons at the pre-construction.
- Enhanced Scheduling: 4d scheduling facilitates in communicating amongst various team members of the project. Delivering an effective design build project necessitates open collaboration amongst all project stakeholders. A team-oriented method endorses high levels of communication and transparency, vital to the success of any project. This facilitates building owners to share their vision with the team, and align the interests of the project stakeholders. The team-oriented tactic also brings the collaborative effort necessary for evaluating the project objectives, assessing schedules, and analyzing opportunities with the project evolutions. With the help of BIM design build services, all project team stakeholders stay on the same page as everybody works under one contract. Owners stay updated by a set of contacts from the design builder. Hence, through 4d construction simulation, complex projects get visualized at pre-construction, enabling the owners to get improved quality, involving fewer claims and litigation free construction.
- Customized Revit Family for client centric services: As every building is unique, so are the Revit mep components. To fulfil every client’s requirement, customized Revit family is adopted. Revit BIM services allow AEC professionals, like the architects, structural engineers, and MEP firms to communicate design objectives, investigate building performance and assess cost estimation during the pre-construction stage. Parametric Revit family creation helps to easily capture, evaluate designs and maintain building data throughout the project. To create Revit family, building components are engineered with associated parameters. The Revit families enable clients to get customized content for architectural, structural steel detailing and mep services. Parametric family creation in Revit helps to maintain the right balance between practicality and functionality. BIM consultants ensure that the Revit components are created intelligently, encompassing real life product information or performance mockups for undertaking 4D construction simulations and 5d calculation analysis.
- Cost Estimation: Top BIM consulting companies help estimators and surveyors in cost and material estimation. Building residential or commercial structures also help to reduce construction costs for the building owners. Smart building with design build solution pays dividends, decreasing real and opportunity costs. Owing to the smooth nature of design build services, project owners reduce the time spent on managing a construction. 5D estimation or BIM quantity takeoff/Bill of Materials/BOQ enable precise cost estimation of building design. Hence, there are improved cost estimates, accurate quantity takeoff, programmed quantity extraction as per design changes and cloud cost data access from anywhere across the globe.
Stages of BIM Design Build Services for Architects, Structural Engineers & MEP Firms:
- Schematic Design: Schematic design is the prime design scheme. MEP consultants, MEP coordinators, and residential design build firms define the overall project scope, including the relationship among various building systems. During this stage, they integrate ideas and concepts about what a proposed system should look like. At this stage, the architectural, structural and mep BIM modeling services provide an overall idea of the area, height, volume & location for working on project phasing and cost estimation.
- Comprehensive Design: Detailed design is a phase subsequent to the schematic design, where resolutions of the schematic design phase are executed in a detailed way in the Revit BIM model. In comprehensive designing AEC clients get drafted to-scale drawings, demonstrating how building structure would appear once the construction is over. The model created by the design build firms helps in creating traditional construction documents and shop drawings for clash coordination analysis and costs.
- Construction Documentation: Construction documentation is the ultimate phase of the design evolution. During this stage, the models of various building systems are coordinated on a common data environment. Construction documents with coordination drawings act as the bridge between building design and the physical building form. The model includes elements which are appropriate in terms of size, location, shape, quantity and alignment with detailed information about fabrication and assembly.
How to choose the right design build firm near me?
Now, the question is how to choose the top design build firm near me?
- Identify the strength of the design build firm, by evaluating its accountability to all project stakeholders.
- Check out how the feedback or reviews of design build consulting companies.
- Take a look at the completed Revit BIM service projects managed by the building firms along with their record of stability in the market.
To further explore the design build solutions with architectural, mep and structural engineering service, navigate the process of design build services with the top BIM engineering company. Consult one of the best BIM service providers in USA – Tejjy Inc. at 202-465-4830 or email@example.com and reduce all knowledge gaps between design and construction.