The Architecture, Construction, Engineering industry is very competitive today. The need of digital construction technology is attracting clients with maximized ROI and early clash detection services. BIM for General contractors is a boon. Building Information Modeling (BIM) every dimension adds benefit from 3D. BIM in third dimension added scheduling and simulation parameter to 4D. facilitates faster construction workflow with online schedule tracking, and enhance your efficiency. Cost added parameter to 3D model makes it 5D cost estimation and monitoring apt for cost-estimators. The technology offers you the confidence to visualize the entire construction from the stage of inception to the final built. As a contractor, you can win more work by adopting BIM.
How can BIM benefit General Contractors?
- BIM cost estimations, online-scheduling help win even complex contracts from clients.
- You can overcome challenges when clients shift to new contract models like Public-Private Partnerships, Lump Sum Turnkey & Integrated Project Delivery.
- Improved Profitability
Building Information Modeling (BIM) collaboration for General Contractors
- Improved Quality of the Final Design
- Increased Understanding of Proposed Design
- Better Construction Documents
- Improved Plan of Construction Phasing & Logistics
- Increased Labor Output
Benefits of Building Information Modeling(BIM)
- 3D BIM Visualization & Walkthrough – You can show your clients actual representation of the projects, instead of depending on 2D drawings and plans.
- Virtual Project Construction – You can virtually construct projects with BIM before construction with kinks and roadblocks.
- Improved Collaboration & Efficiency – Using BIM, you can get enhanced collaboration and efficiency, which ultimately improve your project quality, reducing delay, and late handovers.
BIM Affect Architecture, Engineering and Construction
In the United Kingdom, BIM has become a mandate on public works, and as per ISO 19650, project teams are likely to work with BIM in several ways. The Mandates for using BIM will increase for complex projects like airports, hospitals, and university campuses. Construction clients also want BIM to be a part of their project. If you are not using BIM as a contractor, you may get disqualified from even bidding on specific projects. You can be out of the game if you can’t demonstrate your BIM expertise to clients. So, why are you getting stuck? Implement BIM to get an edge over your competitors.
BIM Market Status
Earlier, about a decade back, the contractors used to win a bid and turned over the project to the owner, once completed. However, today, the owners engage in regular meetings with construction companies throughout the project lifecycle to stay updated on time and budget, and BIM plays a crucial role in such meetings. The owners can see the work progress and answer questions about specifications and permits right on the 3D Model.
Now, the clients want BIM services and expect to visualize the coordination in the 3D Model. Using BIM, you can access a lot of information and can collaborate effectively with all project stakeholders. Get friendly with BIM and enhance your chance of winning more work. Stay connected with this digital technology and get involved with your construction workflow.