Do you want to revolutionize your architectural sector? Why don’t you opt for architectural CAD design and drafting services? Adopting a CAD drafting solution is an advantage for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering & Construction) professionals to improve construction designing and presentation. The innovative technology can save you precious time during the initial design process by presenting proficient drawings to your patrons. Architectural CAD drafting services also help to optimize operational costs in the AEC sector as fewer resources are required at the designing and drafting stages of construction.
Growth of Computer-Aided Design in the 21st Century
Table of Contents [TOC]
- The onset of the 21st century marked the release of CAD tools for clients. Alibre released Alibre Design in 2000, the first 3D CAD software to accomplish client-server 3D modeling over the internet. Later on, Autodesk released AutoCAD 2000i, as the first web based CAD software application. Autodesk succeeded in the 21st century with persistent updates made to AutoCAD product, comprising of tool palettes in 2003, functioning of the dynamic block in 2005 and support for Macs in 2011. The next decade saw the development of popular CAD design & drafting programs like Revit, Creo, SolidWorks and more.
- The 21st century brought an era of sustainability in CAD software. Vendors showed interest in product data management (PDM) for reducing concept, design and manufacturing time. Ford’s announcement of the Ford Mondeo substantiated this in late 2000. The design of Ford Mondeo (Ford Motor Company) was created using Ford’s C3P (Computer-Aided Design, Computer-Aided Manufacturing, Computer-Aided Engineering, Blue print Washington DC, Product Data Management) platform. The success demonstrated that the combination of CAD, PDM (Product Data Management) and the Internet could provide designers, architects, and engineers a seamless way of collaboration in a time-efficient way. Retailers established that using Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management, they can successfully eliminate prolonged development time.
- CAD is now available on cloud, web and mobile technologies, making it possible for the engineers to work with CAD on Mac, Windows PC or tablet. Designers are also using a computer mouse with CAD programs as well as a pen and digitizing graphics tablet. There’s been a lot of development in the CAD- human interface interaction from touchscreens to Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality.
Use of 2D & 3D Computer-Aided Design
- 2D – The 2D programs create ‘flat‘ drawings of structures with lines, circles, curves and so on. The programs include collections of models, curves, splines, and polylines. Different ‘levels’ of 2D CAD programs are available including free and open-source, which are simple, without the complications of scaling or placements. QCAD and Libre CAD are examples of 2D CAD freeware. AutoCAD is an instance of a complex ‘high-end’ program.
- 3D – 3D CAD system creates an accurate model of what a design looks like in reality, assisting the architects and the designers to find flaws that they might have been missed. They can split the programs into two types – parametric and direct or explicit modeling. Parametric modeling entails the designers to use ‘design intent’, making the design as a real-world representation of the object. Direct or explicit modeling provides designers the ability to edit geometry without a history tree. They can quickly create 3D designs and make modifications through direct interactions with the model geometry. Popular 3D CAD programs include Inventor, SolidWorks, and PTC Creo.
Advantages of Computer-Aided Design in the Modern Era
- Quicker design process – Designers can create prototypes in a few hours and manufacturing can follow soon after.
- Cost effectivity -There’s no necessity to manufacture physical prototypes while using CAD to produce hundreds of prototypes that can be improved without any cost.
- Ease of accessibility – CAD program is easy to pick up, allowing repeated designs as well as 2D and 3D drawings.
- No bounds – Using sophisticated and complex CAD programs, the design is now becoming limitless.
How the Architects are getting benefited?
- Improved Planning & Design – The conventional pen-and-paper method previously used to create design plans was time-consuming and inaccurate, making the portrayal of buildings difficult. CAD helps to make the drawing sleek, providing accuracy with 2D as well as 3D capabilities.
- Faster Editing & Revisions – A difficult part of building drawing and designing is the phase of an amendment, which was earlier a tedious process of using pen and paper. However, CAD Drafting services simplify the process. Using CAD, an architect with a design plan and features stored safely on CAD can perform the editing and re-visioning in a shorter time. Hence, there’s no need to start from the beginning while revising a building plan.
- Enhanced Presentations with Virtual Expeditions – It is difficult for a client to understand what you have in mind as an architect. Nevertheless, with a virtual expedition of the plan, 3D CAD design & drafting helps clients to understand the project quickly.
- Project Assessment – Using CAD along with other tools like Building Information Management (BIM), an architect can track and plan various stages starting from the design to construction. The tools can function and update components of the architecture, saving time and resources, enhancing productivity, reducing the risk of errors and building an improved client relationship through improved designs and presentations.
Leveraging CAD technology, AEC professionals can improve dimensional accuracy, project efficiency, and cost-savings. If you want architectural CAD drafting services in Baltimore, MD, Virginia & Washington DC, get in touch with Tejjy Inc. – one of the competent CAD design & drafting Companies in the USA.
Tejjy Inc. provides dedicated support to clients delivering the entire spectrum of Architectural CAD Services, Construction Management, Blue print Washington DC, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Engineering and Permit Expedition spanning 3D Visualization, Modeling, Animation, and Drafting.