Leave Yourself Free, Understand the Power of BIM to Save Time & Bring Efficiency to Your Construction
The most pertinent question to almost every construction professional is, “How can I save time and bring efficiency for my project?” The project stakeholders look for innovative technology to reduce wastage and rework, which affect the actual construction in terms of cost, time, material, and human resources.
Now “What is the technology that helps to eliminate wastage, saving time and cost?” The solution is an intelligent model creation using Revit BIM technology. You can build and visualize almost every component in Revit like the structural wall, floor drain, structural slabs, pool slope, and several others.
How can you make BIM – the One-Stop Solution for Construction?
Be it a residential, commercial, architectural, or other construction projects, using Revit BIM technology can be the one-stop solution for all your needs. You can review the 3D BIM Model of Buildings with apartments, floors, roof as well as parking space in Revit.
Moreover, you can prepare the shop drawings of column, wall, slab plans, and other equipment, extracting from the Model. You can also get the material quality and evaluate your costs through BIM.
What are the Key Stages of BIM Revit Modeling?
- Model Review of Construction Elements- Model Review of Construction Elements helps you to review various elements like grade beams, elevator pits, foundation walls, garage slab, pour strip, and more.
- Design Development & Construction Document Stage Modeling – You can create the shop drawings using color codes of building elements at various elevations. Besides, you can create stud rail drawing with adequate information for helping field professionals get an idea of where they should place things.
What Project Challenges you can overcome using BIM?
- Coordinating with Multiple Project Stakeholders
The current challenges faced by construction professionals are complex and unique projects with multiple services getting involved. The owners look for the best quality, fast execution, best finishes, and lowest operation cost within a strict deadline. Consequently, coordinating with multiple project stakeholders has become difficult. BIM helps to streamline project communication among all stakeholders. You can work with a clearly defined target using BIM for completing your project within the stipulated time. Using Revit BIM, you can effectively plan and coordinate every aspect of your project design, detailing, construction, and maintenance.
- Managing Frequent Design Revisions|
You can also manage project design changes in BIM. For example, if you need to work with the new details provided by the client, you can raise RFIs (Request for Information) for incorporating changes in the 3D Model and drawings.
How is BIM Automation Taking Over, Controlling Human Tasks?
- Finding out Input Challenges, helping professionals identify inconsistency in Input Drawings
- Detecting Incomplete Information about walls, slabs, slope direction, floor drains, etc.
- Reviewing Constructability Issues by detecting conflicts between trades, which can affect the actual construction in terms of time, cost, material & human resources, minimizing wastages
- Coordinating Design Issues, identifying significant clashes and resolving them through design validation, resulting in design amendments
Some Examples of Design Coordination
- The conflict between pipe & air duct, relocating the floor drain.
- Moving the elevator to a different position due to the clash of wall & beam.
- Using crash walls at the edge of the ramp rather than barrier cables to reduce cost and space.
Final Thoughts – BIM Simplifying Work Process
Autodesk Revit BIM technology is helping construction professionals to make the complete plan using intelligent Model. Using Autodesk Revit BIM, you can quickly produce the models with complex geometry. BIM gives you the power to anticipate, plan as well as coordinate every aspect of the project detailing, Design, construction, and maintenance. You always have the option to combine Revit 3D Models with Fabrication Models in Navisworks for your project coordination. You can identify constructability issues before construction by detecting clashes and thus can avoid a work stoppage, rework, and wastage of time, material & human resources.
So, believe it or not, BIM automation will take over. Would BIM mature? What after BIM? Who do you think is taking the lead in BIM? Is it Autodesk? Who would run BIM in the future? Is it Google or Alexa? Let us know your feedback through comments.