BIM represents a new paradigm within the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry to integrate the roles of all project stakeholders for the achievement of a common goal. Using Building Information Modeling technology, proficient engineers create an accurate virtual model of the building for operation and maintenance.
BIM (Building Information Modeling) facilitates architects, engineers, and construction industry professionals to visualize the building in a simulated environment, identifying potential design, construction, and operational issues.
BIM Benefits to AEC Industry
- Productivity: BIM information rich BIM 3D model helps AEC clients to check interference among building systems. Building Information Modeling( BIM) Experts use various Levels of Detailing (LOD), including LOD 100/200/300/ 400/500 as per AIA standards. Using BIM 3D Modeling, specialist designers collaborate through 3D presentation and high-resolution rendering for forecasting future capabilities in the manufacturing process. The 3D BIM visualization, rendering, animation, and walkthrough model envisions early clash detection allowing modifications at the initial design phase resulting in a streamlined workflow. BIM driven prefabricated 3D models to increase profitability, delivering accurate and quality-optimized deliverables at a reduced cost giving an improved perspective to AEC industry. Software like Revit, Solid works, Naviswork.
- Visualization: Utilizing 4D planning, scheduling, and sequencing simulation smartly connects the 3D digital model with the precision of time and accuracy for the support of architects, contractors, designers, and owners. The shortcomings of traditional scheduling have been improved with the visualization possibility by 4D analyzing software like Naviswork Manage and Synchro 4D. The enhanced risk mitigation through improved team coordination, better quality standards, early conflict detection, reduced turnaround time, and cost has empowered the AEC (Architectural, Construction, and Engineering) Industry.
- Design Development: Building Information Modeling (BIM) assists in the operation and maintenance of design. There has been evidence that the adoption of BIM by design firms, structural engineers, and architects in various stages of design development has brought 80% cost cut down in construction, and improved risk management. BIM professionals act as asset management professionals for AEC clients to understand their design-intent and provide value-added support from the conceptual or the schematic stage to the construction stage.
- Early Conflict Detection & Resolution: Clash Coordination services help AEC professionals to envisage virtual building structures before construction, facilitating enhanced project planning, reducing rework, and saving time and cost for installation. Competent BIM experts use Autodesk Revit and Autodesk Navisworks software platforms for detecting various clashes, including self-clashes with MEPFP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) Services and inter-service conflicts.
- Easy Fabrication: Shop Drawings generated from the BIM Model provide information about the fabrication and installation of the components. The BIM generated shop drawings are the geometrical representation of the details and specifications required by the architects and engineers, ensuring seamless on-site coordination. The precise details and specifications in the design of the building depicting the location and design for prefabricated components such as air vents, MEP systems and plans, structural steel, and elevators. Prefabrication and modularization support by BIM help AEC professionals reduce labor costs, and time providing a low-budget scenario for growth.
- Project Cost: Expert engineers use 5D BIM Estimation and scheduling to perform quantity surveys and estimate for supporting construction professionals to manage information about unit costs, order of magnitude, square foot, and more. They can produce quantities for a specific project area in 5D for handling material procurement and saving inventory costs.
- Client Satisfaction: Improved quality 3D rendered images, photo-realistic views, site logistics, 4D phasing, and walkthrough animation help construction professionals to win bids through Marketing Presentations. 2D CAD drawings, Revit models upto 2015, laser scanned point cloud data provide a walkthrough service for homeowners, contractors, buyers, investors, designers to have a realistic view. Engineers make innovative use of BIM to present construction phasing and walk-through animation, revealing the constructed space to clients. Artistic and customized marketing presentations with 3D Renderings, 4D Phasing, and a Video Walk-through help clients get a feeling of actually moving through the interiors and exteriors of a building, letting them navigate the construction of their terms. Better envisioning leads to 100% client satisfaction.
- Renovations: SCAN to BIM is beneficial to create an as-built 3D BIM model for existing building renovation or retrofitting. Proficient Engineers upgrade the 3d models as per the requirements of the contractors, facility managers, and architects in a virtual environment. 3D Modeling using point cloud data facilitates the architecture to make decisions about the building components and structures. Scan to BIM also helps to create a clash simulation analysis at an early stage of feasibility inspection.
- As-builts: As-built BIM models have injected a new soul into traditional as-built models. The inaccuracy and lack of comprehension in data which was the biggest difficulty in renovation have been overcome by As-built BIM model making future reconstruction in AEC industry a walk-through. The well-documented centralized information reveals the hidden data.
- Organization: Organized automated submittals through Facility Management Services use BIM for renovation, space planning, and maintenance operations. The smarter maintenance planning and execution in real-time scenarios allow measuring of spaces with precision AEC professionals get the advantage through detailed information about facility management, contact record management, data transfer from the as-built model to the spreadsheet as well as problem-solving through information sharing.
The future of Building Information Modeling is exciting and challenging. The increasing use of BIM will improve collaboration and reduce disintegration in the AEC industry, eventually leading to enhanced performance and minimized project costs.
Summary: BIM (Building Information Modeling) facilitates architects, engineers, and construction industry professionals to visualize the building in a simulated environment, identifying potential design, construction, and operational issues. Opt for a proficient BIM Service Company to revolutionize your construction workflow.